Friday, April 13, 2007

The Lost Garden - Poem

I walked through the gates rusted
Trespassed by us most of the times
Saw the trees without leaves but still strong
There still lies the name lists in the stem
My heart pulsated to see the bench
The Bench of ultimate joy ness
Yes, It was there still same and with a novelty
I sat and floated there with my thoughts
And it embraced me with same affection
I can still feel the sweet smell of gayness
Every bit in the ambience
Reeking jubilation all over the place
When all was going in my mind
I saw a book and I took it
Perusing through the pages
I suddenly felt I am not alone
To see my people by my side
All were there, rejuvenated
With the same cups in their hands
Again those revelry celebrations
And envious eyes
Happiness in every bit of my nerve
Brain bedraggled slowly into the chimerical yore
Sitting alone I closed the book
I beseeched god
“Turn the pages to the past”
There came a blare of light
Showing the Torn pages
The Days are gone forever
But forever, the days will be there
In my thoughts and in my dreams
And as I got up
Saw another man looking the bench wistfully.

No comments: