Friday, April 13, 2007

Let us Talk about Movies

I guess lot of people know about a movie named “The Shawshank Redemption”. This movie is a beautiful story of how hope can let a person change the world around him at any place and at any time. I made my brother to watch this movie and as expected it moved him very much.

After a week, I got a mail from my brother saying that he watched the movie once again and enjoyed it more than the first time. He went on explaining the comparison of that movie with our lives. I was really impressed but the last line went out like this, “ You may think Why I am talking so much about this? After all it is a MOVIE”. That irked me. Why do people have the notion of talking about movie is nothing but a waste of time?

The way we have been brought up is that the movies are only for entertainment and nothing more than that. Of course movie is a two to three hours deviation from our normal life. If some one discusses about a Novel, they appreciate them saying those human beings are intellectuals analyzing a fundu subject. People can tell lot of stupid movies and I can tell you lot of stupid Novels. Then why do people perceive them in a different way.

I am a big time movie buff (which you people should have got it by this time). I watch lot of movies and especially some real slow but good ones. I like it because I like it. I have seen many movies and thought about it a lot. In fact the movie Shawshank was my moral support guidance through out my tough times in life. As soon as I finish seeing a movie, the things I feel about that movie stretches so far that I go ahead to research about them. I have learned lot of good things from good movies.

I made one of my friend who does not watch English movies to look into a movie I liked. Guess What? He liked it so much that we discussed about it for 2-3 hours. We realized lot of issues in our personal life being addressed and it showed how we need to handle those. Now was it a waste of time? I do not think so.

The real substance of discussion lies in each other's perception but it does not give the right to the people to say some one that talking about it is a mere waste of time and does not help you.

As the movie Shawshank Redemption says,
“Remember. Hope is good thing. May be the best of things. And no good thing ever dies.” I will go ahead and add my own line into it, “All good things should be taken in any form. It does not matter in which form it comes.”

2 comments:

Karthik said...

Really every time i get a new meaning in watching shaw..red .but do u think thats the greatest movie

Vizzy said...

Yes buddy...Some morons really dont 'see' the movie,hence they call it a waste of time. Shawshank Redemption teaches so many important things in life ,even if it is based on the theme of 'hope'.Only the people who understand the beauty of it,know it better.