Friday, April 13, 2007

Cruel World - Poem (Inspired from the Song “Oora therinchukitten” - Original Soundtrack for the Tamil movie “Padikkaathavan”)

Revealed this city its trueness
Universe unraveled itself
Birth of the practicality in me
Understanding the numbers in people
Oh! My Sweetheart!

Nourished the disguised snake of cunningness
To get stung by the bitterness of life

Void is the relation of brotherhood
For its self inflicting performances
And Meticulous Calculations of time
For the love designed by the money
Vain are those blood dropped
To get outcaste
Hurt by the horns of mistakes
Scorpions’ sting my wounded soul.
Oh! My Sweetheart!

Past step towards present Philosopher
Disembarked the evil from the river of sins
And dance with my naked naive ness
Rainbow of strung affinity disappear
Heavy heart filled with kinship
Inside are those ferocious animals to eat
The tainted money
And there goes the brave cow
To chopped into the pieces of
Practicality.

7 comments:

Raju said...

Hi Ashok, my first comment here..

Had a hearty laugh reading ur translated poem.. Too good.. Am thinking of putting the translated version in my blog and ask my friends the source of inspiration.. :) if you dont mind..

Ashok said...

:-). Lot of people laugh once they realize that it is translated from this soundtrack. You can definitely put in your blog.

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read that post. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Ashok said...

Hey there, Thanks for the comments ! I am glad that you liked it, whoever you are :-). Do let me know what you thought of other poems as well. This one is more of a subtle comedy since it is from a movie song of my native language.

Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read this blog. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read more soon.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Ashok said...

Well, Thanks whoever it is :-). I try my best to keep improving. Do keep reading and post comments !