Thursday, July 19, 2007

Regrets and Redemptions - Poem

(Inspired by the song "Hurt" original song by Trent Reznor, cover by Johhny Cash)

I close my eyes again
To dream my nightmare
I hesitate to see
The truth beneath the skin
I shiver myself to pain
And realize the shine of shame
I see a thousand eyes
Scorch me to bleed
Is it the way of life?
To wither the devil inside
All those chores to scream
Confess the stammer of lies
To pick myself up
Walk beneath the palms
Dripping its white nectar
I drink to quench the sane
And redeem to clean the dirt
Is it the way of life?
To burn the wings of desire
I recite the chores of scream
To witness my birth inside.

4 comments:

Sowmya said...

hey nice poem ! keep them coming :)

Ashok said...

Thanks Sowmya !

Karthik said...

machi...just a thought ...ur mind seems to think in circle and its always restricts to loneliness and ur state of being,,,come beyond it ,,,it should be awesome from u....its humble observation

Ashok said...

Hmmmm...thats a nice observation....I wud not put it as loneliness :-)( I wud say solitude, but yeah..whatever). Anyways, poem I write are just when I feel to pen it rather than me sitting and start to think abt it. But the next time, let me widen the circle :-). Thanks for the suggestion !